Assessment - Me as Designer and Tara as Stylist


Following my assessment last week, Tara completed her assessment with my New Elizabethan design in the allocated 2 hour time slot. She was a great stylist and I am pleased with the outcome.

Tara prepared by having my step by step instructions, hair designs and photos from practise sessions to help her have the best shot at the design. After crimping my hair successfully and in good timing, Tara slightly worried about getting the shape right but she achieved it after sectioning the hair properly. I am extremely happy with the shape from the front as it is symmetrical and the roundness I asked for in my design. From the side, it is slightly uneven however the silhouette is sleek and polished which is inclusive of my 'bridal' design. The bun was achieved efficiently and looked beautiful at the end with the pearl adornments. We did not have enough pearls to decorate the plan, that was included in my original design, but this may be a result of not using the pearls before this attempt. Unfortunately, when we went to take the pictures the curls became unpinned from underneath the bun so it did not have the volume I desired, however, the curls are exactly the style I wanted. 

I feel that Tara's strength throughout this assessment (and all the preparation!!) has been her backcombing skills and creating the height I wanted. She has never failed to create the Elizabethan inspired rounded and volumized hairstyle! Considering over this short period of time since starting, Tara have gathered a lot of skills but I feel that in this timed assessment her weakness was maintaining the rounded, circular shape all around the head.

Overall, Tara was very professional whilst completing my design by being very organised, calm and friendly. We have had multiple practise sessions and Tara was always helpful, prepared to listen to my advise and always put the effort in to make it the best she could!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top