2nd Attempt with My Design (Tara as Stylist)

In our second practise session, Tara styled my hair again for my New Elizabethan bridal look. The images show her completed attempt within the 2 hour time limit.

I am very pleased with the final outcome of this session. The raised and rounded frizzed section is a great shape and is very smooth round the edges - the sleekness is how I would imagine a bride would desire their hair to be! From the front, the style looks simple and polished which is exactly how I desired it to be in my design. Moving onto the elaborate back of the style, Tara decided to create the look using two plaits to define the separation between the bun and the crimped hair as previously this was not there. It also helped Tara a lot this time round to section the hair into four areas before starting so she knew exactly how much hair was used for each and each section would be obvious - this is a step I would be sure to include in my consultation notes for the assessment. Slightly less hair was used for the bun, as discussed in our last session, to have more curls and it fitted in well with the rest of the style. The curls were also very effective as Tara pinned them up and under the bun to give them more volume and to appear as though are falling from the rest of the hairdo - an aspect often used within modern bridal updo's. 

There is not much I can ask of Tara to improve! Tara took on board my requests and her struggles from the last session and created the look I pictured in my head. However, one thing that could be perfected is the neatness of the round shape at the front. The last image shows how the hair above the left ear is not connected to the head like the opposite side. I pointed this out to Tara (being very picky!!) and she will try and perfect this before the assessment. Otherwise, this was a successful test run before the assessment and if we can practise again the assessment it will only be to boost Tara's confidence and gives her a chance to perfect the style.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top