1st Attempt with My Design (Tara as Stylist)

This week we had the chance to swap our hair designs with our partners for the first time. Above are the images of Tara's first attempt at mine. My final design can be found here

I think Tara's styling turned out to be very successful. The backcombed and crimped section had great height and stability, without a hair rat or padding. She used an afro comb instead of small-toothed comb to backcombed and this meant the finished look was less tangled and frizzy and more smooth and soft (to keep in theme of my bridal hair design). I was massively impressed by the finished front section as it was higher, bigger and smoother than I expected!! Unfortunately, I do not have a photo to show the front but it was a nice rounded shape, we agreed the front needs to be perfectly symmetrical but for a first go it was great!! The bun was also slightly altered as Tara was not happy with the shape of the 'modern bun' when she tried it out. Lottie showed her an alternative technique and it produced a style that was less obviously modern and tied into the finish look even better than the original design! It is more interesting and eye-catching than the standard round bun. 

In our next practise session, I would like Tara to work on the plait. The actual plait was how I desired it to be, however, in the images it is quite hidden and I want it to be shown as one of the features of the hair. It may be that there would be slightly less hair in the backcombed section so there is more space for the hair to be in a plait. Also, Tara explained to me how she will use less hair in the bun next time and more in the section left down and curled. This is because Tara was saying the bun was quite hard to work with because of the amount of hair she had sectioned off for it and also we would like to see more curled hair. Finally, I asked Tara to also try and pin some of the curls up and under the bun to finish of my desired look. 

Overall, the session was very useful to help me communicate my ideas with someone else and see how practical my design is on my head. I am still happy with my design, and also the alterations Tara made, and I feel it still in-keeping with my New Elizabethan bridal hair design for Lettice Knollys. Also, it was a great time to get to know Tara and become a team to help each other and our first trials were both a great start and the next practise session should mean we can perfect each others looks! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top